Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The kids update


Talan: Still to this day loves Maddie, wants to hold her all the time. His cough is back which sometimes wakes him up at night that or he comes in my room and wakes me up to tell me he has boogers in his nose. Nothing like wiping snot at 3am. I am trying to teach him how to get dressed, but he still refuses to learn and says he can't do it. Now I know how it feels when I use to tell my parents I can't.

Noah: OMG, wild child. He is talking up a storm, saying three word sentences. Likes to hit, but it you tell him no hitting he starts hitting himself since he can't hit me or Talan. Now knows how to climb out of his pack and play, however still has figured out the crib yet, THANK GOD!!! Is starting to sing songs and repeats every single word I say. The other day I was in the other room and he came to me and told me, Maddie crying. He also starts pushing Talan and says stop pushing.

Maddie: Of course is a mess, is now on continous feeds. Has starting coughing again, which worries me. I am terrifed that the surgery won't fix it and she will have scars and an G-tube for something that doesn't work. I am hoping to be able to attempt to feed her by mouth before we make the decision for the surgery. We have a appointment on Monday so we will see where we are at. She has definetly gained weight. Developmentally she is putting everything in her mouth, she rolls back to front and front to back, scoots backwards so hopefully soon will be crawling, sits with support and is starting to sit for a little while by herself.

Mike: Has made me sign up for the Rock Boat again.....GREAT!!! I was hoping this would be the last year but no he wants to go again....go figure. Has been working really hard and trying to be supportive of my craziness about Maddie without trying to be "to doctor sounding".

Me: UMMMM, tired as all hell. Between three kids and giving Maddie her meds 4 times a day, and all the running around I have lost 2 more pounds and I haven't exercise and I haven't been eating the best nutrious wise so I guess stress is the new diet :-) However today I did eat two slices and of cake and it was awsome.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: